The English Words you need to know
and The Method to learn them forever
Get FLUENT much faster, the SMART way
- Focus on learning The 10,000 Most Frequent/Common English Words
- Do not waste time studying vocabulary you will almost never use
- Use our DSQ Method to memorize the words efficiently, without tiring your brain
Discover why The Most Frequent Words are so important
- The 1,000 MOST COMMON WORDS represent about 80% of a typical advanced text
- The 3,000 MOST COMMON WORDS represent about 90% of a typical advanced text
- The 5,000 MOST COMMON WORDS represent about 95% of a typical advanced text
- The 10,000 MOST COMMON WORDS represent about 99% of a typical advanced text
(Getting to learn these 10,000 words is the ultimate goal for many learners. In practical terms, it is almost equivalent to having the vocabulary of a native college graduate)
Build a POWERFUL VOCABULARY in record time
- Learn the 10,000 Most Frequent Words (aimed at STUDENTS of English).
(This vocabulary is based on Paul Nation's BNC-COCA frequency lists: K1, K2, … K10)
- Learn the Top 6,000 words for the SAT/ACT & GRE exams (aimed at native speakers)
- Learn the Top 5,000 words for the TOEFL & IELTS exams (aimed at advanced students seeking a higher education)
Allow Science to Help You
The vocabulary of 10,000 words that we offer in this website is based on the vocabulary list compiled by the well-known linguistics expert Paul Nation. For the task, he used the "British National Corpus" (BNC) and "The Corpus of Contemporary American English" (COCA).
Paul Nation's BNC-COCA list categorizes words/families of words in different bands or frequency levels: K1, K2, K3, etc.
- Level K1 refers to the FIRST THOUSAND most frequent words of English
- Level K2 refers to the SECOND THOUSAND most frequent words of English
- Level K10 refers to the TENTH THOUSAND most frequent words of English